K.M Shea is a genius for these books and here's why.

 






i recently binge read three of K.M Shea's series and i love them so much. They are the Hall of Blood and Mercy, the Court of Midnight and Deception and the Pack of Dawn and Destiny. 


M.K has been telling me to read these books since last spring, when she first read them. I just kept putting it off cause i had other things to read, idk why cause my TBR shelf is still very big. But finally a couple weeks ago, i finally decided enough is enough, i'm going to read them. 


However, i did actually start reading the the first series when M.K told me to last year, i for some reason just couldn't get into it. The writing style just felt off and i wasn't feeling it so i DNF'd it. Fast forward to now and i picked up the second series. 

And i can hear you all now: "Lia, why are you reading the second series before the first, that's dumb" Yea i know, i thrive on making dumb decisions. But M.K told me that the second series is better than the first and i really didn't have to read the first one before the second so i started the second series. 


guys.. GUYS 

Those books were the most amazing things ever. I flew through all three books. i laughed i cried. I texted M.K obsessively over them. i swooned over the love interest. what can i say, he was mysterious and broody, sue me. 

And then i decided to go back and read the first series. And WOW, it was like reading a completely different book than before. i'm not even kidding when i say that i finished the series in one day. There was also swooning over this love interest as well, his sarcasm was almost as good as my own. 

So I went to start the third series but my brain was like "if you read any more words, imma explode." So i waited a day and then started it! 

Now i suppose i should have explained this earlier, but all of these books are urban fantasy. Mythical creatures in the modern world. Vampires, wizards, fae, and werewolves specifically. And the third series focuses on the werewolves. And after reading House of Sky and Breath a week earlier, i discovered that i'm kinda obsessed with werewolves, which is not surprising considering how much i love wolves.  But only if they're written correctly. (looking at you Jacob from Twilight) 

Literally my only complaint about this series was that i couldn't jump into the book so that i could cuddle all the of wolves 😭 And the fact that i will probably never find anyone like the love interest. He made me actually blush. i swoon. 


i gave all of these books five stars and i cannot recommend them enough. They are all clean and very well written. I hope my rambling convinced you to read them and i hope they give you joy. 


Please let me know if you've read them or you plan to! I'd love to chat about them! 


Lia<3










4 Comments

  1. I will have to look into these book! Also I'm glad to hear M.K is still alive xD These books sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I 10/10 would rec books from beyond the grave so maybe I AM dead after all??

      Delete
  2. YAAY! KM SHEA!

    One of my fav things about the wolves in Pack of Dawn and Destiny: It perfectly fits the post I saw about "Alpha males" being like, "Alphas take care of their pack. Unless you're carrying crackers, power bars, and some band aids in a fanny pack when you go out with the boys, you're not really an Alpha." (I'm paraphrasing lol) and the Alpha wolf IS like that? He takes care of everyone (sans fanny pack)and he literally pulled power bar out of his pocket for someone and I LOVE it!!!

    *starts planning when to spring other KM Shea books on Lia*

    ReplyDelete
  3. "his sarcasm was almost as good as my own" <<< HA ^.^

    Anyway I've not heard of these but reading a series--er, MULTIPLE series that fast is such a magical experience and I loved this post. :)

    ReplyDelete