"not a lot going on at the moment"

 


um hello! 


its been a while. I've kinda been going through it and wasn't in the best headspace to write anything. The two months i was gone however did give me a lot of time to think about things. Staring at the ceiling at 2am will do that to you i guess. 


i realized that i wasn't writing for me anymore. i was writing for other people. i felt like if i didn't post at least once a month people were gonna forget me. And if there is one thing that is my greatest fear in this world is being forgotten. i just want to be remember for something and if my little space on the internet helps someone someday, i would be grateful forever. 


the official anniversary is in March but i've had this blog for 5 years. 5 freaking years. And honestly if 17 year old me could see the 22 year old i am now, i don't know if she would laugh or cry. But i do know that she would be so proud because i made it this far. And maybe i'm not exactly where i pictured myself 5 years ago, but i'm here and i stayed. 


Not a lot happened in the past 2 months. i turned 22 in November, Red (Taylor's Version) came out the day before my birthday so i got to listen to 22 rerecorded. The guys from the Mexican restaurant came over the sing to me and my night shift coworkers scream sang happy birthday at me so i guess it wasn't a bad day overall :) 

December was very dull in that all i did was work and come home to sleep and do it all over again. My best friend B surprised me by driving down and spending a weekend with me. I saw Spiderman: No Way Home twice and loved every second of it. ( and if anyone wants to scream in the comments with me, that would be amazing!) 

I ended the year by myself, with my own little champagne bottle and The Amazing Spiderman. (10/10 Andrew Garfield is life) i ended up beating my Goodreads challenge by 152% as i read 152 books in 2021. What can i say, i don't get out much. 


and then i caught covid which was very fun. I do not remember New Year's Day because i spent it sleeping. The beginning of January was very fun because my family drove each other crazy because we were sick and home all day lol. Not exactly the greatest way to start the new year. But i am determined to try this year. I want to create content to make people happy. Most of it will be on Instagram (@liamariewrites) but i'm going to be posting on here as well. 


I'm going to try my hardest to post for me tho, so things are definitely going to look a little different. I want to post things that i am passionate about and want to talk about. I want to create a safe space where we can talk about poetry, music and books together. 


Speaking of poetry, i'm still hard at work on my second collection. its been going slower than i expected, which is a little disheartening because i wrote the first one so fast, but i've been reminding myself that it doesn't matter the speed, i have to love it. And i do, but it definitely needs work lol. 


I hope you all have been well and i can't wait to see what this year will bring us :) 


Lia<3

6 Comments

  1. So good to see a blog post from you again, Lia! I hope you're feeling a bit better, both mentally and physically <3 and I'm super excited to see what type of content you start posting! I'm here for whatever you create :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm so glad to be back Nicole! I finally feel like myself again so thank you
      !!!

      Delete
  2. LIAAAA!!!! IT LOOKS SO GOOD!!! I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!

    AHHHHHH I CAN'T WAIT FOR ALL THE NEW POSTS!!!

    I hope you're starting to feel better, mentally, physically, and emotionally! I'm here for whatever you have in store for us. Your blog is one of my favorites!!

    I've been feeling this lately. Writing for yourself is most important. I've been facing a bit of judgement in how I do things and I've decided who actually cares? this about my writing and my space on the internet and it will look how I want it!! I'm so glad you've come to the same conclusion!

    so excited for you!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brooke!! i can't wait to share it with everyone!!!

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry you went through Covid! That sounds so hard. <3

    You are not forgotten by me! I'm glad to hear from you and I wish you the best on this poetry collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chloe! i'm glad to hear from you!!! <3

      Delete