So I decided to start something new. I'm going to review musicals for you guys so you know its ok to listen to them I have like six in my to listen list so yay!!
I like to listen to musicals while I do schoolwork, which is good and bad.
You're sitting there doing your English homework and suddenly, PULITZER AND HEARST, THEY THINK WE'RE NOTHIN!! and then, you're tap dancing on your dining room table.
(Not that I have ever done this *glances around quickly* hahaha help me )
So today, I will be reviewing Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812. Initially, I wasn't going to listen to this. I mean, a musical based on a section of War and Peace???
But then..... they cast Josh Groban in it, so I couldn't not listen to it. I've been listening to it for the past week, soaking it in.
- The music is soooooo pretty!!!!
- Josh Groban
- It's sang from the third person. It's like listening to a book
- Josh Groban
- The Russian names are very funny
- Did I mention Josh Groban??
- There is language in it
- Adultery too.
- There is one part in the song, "The Opera" where there is a noise, which the only way I can describe it is, picture an autotuned screaming goat and you'll have the noise.
My favorite song from this musical was a song called No One Else. It is the cutest love song ever and I just adkjajlksjdflj
If you don't want to go flipping through War and Peace for the story of this musical, I would suggest reading the Wikipedia page. That's what I did :)
I would give this musical a 3/5 stars.
Hoped you liked the review!!